2021 Summer Learning Camps Information
April 22, 2021
Welcome to Hawkins County Schools Learning Camps! We look forward to working with your students. Below is some additional information about our summer programming. The locations of our summer camps are listed below.
- Bulls Gap School for Bulls Gap and St. Clair students
- Church Hill Elementary for Church Hill Elementary, Carters Valley, Mt. Carmel and McPheeters Bend students
- Church Hill Intermediate for Church Hill Intermediate and Church Hill Middle students
- Hawkins Elementary for Hawkins Elementary, Mooresburg, Clinch and Keplar (grades 3-5 students)
- Joseph Rogers Primary for Joseph Rogers Primary, Mooresburg, Clinch and Keplar (K-2 students)
- Rogersville Middle School for Rogersville Middle and Clinch middle school students
- Surgoinsville Elementary for SES students and SMS students
Summer school will begin each morning at 7:30 and end daily at 2:30 from May 24th to June 17th. There will be no summer school programs on May 28th, May 31st, June 11th or June 18th. Transportation will be provided for students and they will receive breakfast and lunch daily.
The YMCA program will provide programs for students at Bulls Gap, Church Hill Elementary and Joseph Rogers Primary from 2:30-5:30 daily for students who wish to stay. We will transport students who wish to participate in YMCA from CHIS to CHE and from HES to JRP. Parents would need to pick up students who remain for YMCA. There will be full day YMCA programs available at CHES and JRP on Fridays when summer school is not in session. You may email email@example.com for additional information on YMCA programs.
We are excited about working with your student each day. Students will receive ELA, Math and STEM instruction. Additionally, students will have intervention classes to work on their individual needs. They will also have time for recess daily. Students will not be asked to do any homework during the summer. We appreciate your support by making sure your student is present each day.